Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home Safe and Sound

We made it home safely yesterday. It was a long travel day but Emery did great. My husband picked us up and then went inside. Our boys didn't think we'd be home until late yesterday night at the earliest, but we were able to get on to an earlier flight. So then Emery and I knocked on the door and the surprise on their faces was so fun, better than Christmas faces;). It was the best surprise I've ever done.

It is so nice to be home. Emery slept over 10 hours last night and woke up coughing to clear her lungs this morning. So much coughing really hurts, but she is being very strong. I loved not sleeping in the hospital chair recliner thing;). Emery is worn out from the travel, but doing really well. She is walking really well, not really that much slower than before the surgery and it is her legs that tire out not that she has to stop to catch her breath. We saw a few family friends yesterday and Emery is EXTREMELY proud of her scar, as well she should be, and does not hesitate to show it to anyone she knows(we'll get to modesty later;)) The adults and boys think it is awesome and her friends that are girls have been nice enough to just not say anything at all:)

I feel so blessed that with this adoption and post adoption process everything has gone pretty much according to our best case scenario and we now have a little girl with a fully repaired heart and pulmonary system who has a great life expectancy prognosis and even our attachment didn't really take a step backwards during the last couple week which I had been concerned about. Whenever I would start to get concerned or worried, the answer to my prayers has always been that God had granted me peace and I should rest on that peace, and while I know that there was stress to be sure, I felt His peace.

In the hospital one of the chaplains stopped by several times. The first time she asked if anyone back home was praying for us. I had to smile. I told her we had people and prayer chains lifting Emery up in prayer from Maryland to Chicago to Tennessee to Montana, Idaho, Utah, Australia, California, Canada, Alaska and places in between but that I would love to add hers to the others that were keeping Emery buoyed up;). Thank you for those many prayers, we felt them, they carried us, and God answered in an amazing way.

x

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you guys are home! Still praying & sending lots of hugs your way!

    Jo Gooden & Family

    ReplyDelete