Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feeling Close

Today I am feeling very close.  For some reason, it just feels like Min is going to be here before we even know it.  I don't have any concrete dates or even a definitive reason to feel this way...but I do.  We are finally at the point where things are moving along in the adoption process.  No more waiting for doctors appointments or things that seem rather trivial in the grand scale of things.  We finalliy have things moving in several different areas.  For those of you that are familiar with the adoption paperwork we have our authentication process going.  Our I800A (Immigrations) should be going in next week.  Keep praying for us:)  There are a lot of things that still need to come togehter but every agency I have spoken with has been very helpful and very receptive to expediting so we are hoping that we can continue with that.


Thanks to this process, I can offically say that my husband and I are free from any communicable diseases, have no criminal records and are not registered in any child abuse registries.  Officially speaking.  Doesn't that make everyone feel better to know this about us:)? 

I had a dream about Min last night.  I don't remember much but that she was happy to meet us.  I can't tell you how much I wish for that to be the case.  It is possible she will hate us.  Or that she will like my husband but not me or vice versa.  She may have a difficult adjustment.  She has already had so much loss in her young life, it may take a while for her to trust us and to allow herself to love us.  And I can't wait for that day.  Whether it is something that we see when we are with her in China or whether we have months and months before that love and trust develops, I know that it will be a beautiful gift when it is finally given.

No comments:

Post a Comment