Monday, February 21, 2011

New Week

There isn't a lot going on, except that I feel like my life has been overtaken by paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork:)  The GREAT news is that our home study is reviewed and I should be getting notarized copies any day now and then I can send off for Immigrations approval.  I already have the form filled out and ready to turn around the day I get the home study!  Not that I am anxious....

So, while that is going on we have to have a set of documents notarized, state sealed and then stamped by the Chinese consulate.  Because of where we were born and married and where we are now, we have two different consulates that have jurisdiction over us.  So I am keeping track of those two sets of documents and they should all be to the agency ready to go and waiting for Immigrations approval when it will all go to China as a packet called our dossier.  My birthday is at the end of March.  I was REALLY hoping against hope that we would have everything to China by my son's birthday in the middle of March, but I didn't realize there was so much involved with reviewing a home study...so I am hoping for it to be done as a birthday present to me:)  Although I certainly wouldn't be sad if it was sooner....it would still be expedited and pretty fast if it is done by the end of March.

We also had a very kind pediatric cardiologist write a letter to accompany our Immigrations application to help expedite it due to medical issues.  I am so grateful for his help.  The downside of that is that the letter is just as stark as what he discussed with me.  That Min's heart condition is serious and her window to have surgery may have already passed or may be passing right now.  This is a sobering fact that I honestly don't think about much.  She looks so fantastic in her pictures, so full of life.  I truly believe she will be able to have surgery that is successful. I try not to dwell on the fact that we might be too late and we might only have her with us for a little while.  I don't want to watch my daughter die.  I don't want to see her suffer.  I don't want to lose her so soon after finding her.  So, I don't think about it.  I will be an advocate for her.  I will do everything that I can to get her home and evaluated as soon as I can.  I will pester agencies until they probably cringe when they see its me and force things through just to get me to leave them alone:)  I will plan and hope for a future that is full of potential and experiences and chances to explore her talents and likes the same way that her new brothers do.  And if for some reason God decides that I only get to be with her for a shorter while, I will be grateful for the time I am given, and will make the most of it.  And I will remember that life is precious and to live more fully and enjoy the moments I am given.

No comments:

Post a Comment