Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Amazing Two Weeks!

Wow!  Our 10-10-10 fundraiser is 'officially' over.  I know that there are still people who want to donate and the paypal button is staying on the blog.  The necklace fundraiser is still going for another few weeks.  Click the contact button on the necklace link to request one if the listing shows sold out!  I saw one in person yesterday...they are really great!  But you do not have to live in fear that I will track you down and hound you for $10;)  Just kidding, you all have been so amazingly supportive and generous and have made such a difference to us and to the way that we are able to proceed with Min's adoption.  My sons keep asking me if I am crying happy tears...I can not tell you how completely overwhelmed, in a great way, I have been by the support and well wishes that you have shared with us.

I won't know the 'official' total raised until sometime next week when everyone who said they were going to help fund raise gets back with me.  But rough estimates are around $4000 not including the necklace fundraiser.  That is amazing!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I will admit to being a bit nervous about this next step, the homestudy.  But I have the name of our homestudy writer.  I have googled her.  And I have asked around and so far what I have heard is that she is really down to earth and easy going!  I can't wait for her to call and to get the homestudy done.  I will be contacting Lisa Murkowski to help expedite immigrations since it is taking 8 weeks currently.  Our agency can expedite the rest!  WOOHOOO!  I will keep you updated on the process and on any new information...or pictures...that we get.

Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment