Thursday, January 20, 2011

Last 2 Days!

Wow...two days left of our 10-10-10 fundraiser.  We have asked for a $10 donation and if you wish to do more to ask ten people for $10 donations.  We have been so very blessed by the amount of support and love we have felt as we go through this process.  We are at $2005!!!   Thank you!  Thank you for your donations.  Thank you for passing the word along to ask others to donate.  Thank you for your prayers.

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer.  I don't proclaim myself to be a perfect person or someone with all of the answers to the injustice in the world.  I am a woman who believes in God.  I strongly believe in a God who is mindful of us and who hears our prayers.  He may not always answer in the way we would like, but He does hear us and He does answer.  I am so thankful for the prayers offered in behalf of our family and for Min.  I know God hears them.

Our home study writer has been assigned!  So it is up to her how quickly she finishes our home study, which I will be honest, is the one part of the adoption paperwork process that freaks me out.  Everything else is impersonal.  You fill out a form and pay a fee and you move on.  Even the medical and background checks.  There is no personal judgment on whether you pass.  You have a clean background or you don't.  You are healthy or you are not.  But the home study...  The writer gets to make a decision on whether we are a fit family or not.  What if she doesn't like homeschoolers?  What if she doesn't like our religion?  What if?  What if?  What if?  It is ridiculous on my part I am sure, but there are those niggling fears that will be put to rest only when the home study is finished and on its way to immigrations and then China! In the meantime, this is the step that gets us to the next part of the process so I can't wait for it to get started:)

On a different note...if Min's necklace is sold out when you go to the link, or you want more than one, you can send a message to the etsy shop or let me know that you want one or wait for it to be relisted.  Melissa lists one at a time so when one sells it will be relisted...that does not actually mean that the necklaces are gone.  And she is donating the profits through Valentine's Day!  Thank you Melissa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment