Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3 of 10-10-10


Today is day 3 of our 10-10-10 fundraiser for Min. College students decided to raise money for orphanages in Africa and ten people committed to ask ten people to ask ten people for $10. They raised $10,000 in one month. We are doing it a little more simply...We are asking for $10. If you feel like you want to or able to, please spread the word or ask ten people to donate ten dollars. We are doing this for ten days...it will end Friday, January 21.

So many people have come forward with donations or a willingness to pass along our need for help to bring Min home and I am so extremely grateful. It is an extremely humbling thing to ask for help. It is sometimes so much easier to give than to receive and so often, at least for me, it is easier to do things on my own than to ask for help. The ironic thing is that by asking other people to be part of this journey with us I feel so much more connected to a community. If we do this all on our own it will be November before we get Min home. With help, we are hoping to be able to expedite due to Min's medical needs and get her home by summer. That time frame could very realistically be the difference between surgery and a full lifespan and no surgical options and a vastly diminished life.

I am a believer in miracles. I have seen them in my family. I have a son who had severe burns on his hand and the plastic surgeon said he would definitely have to have plastic surgery. His hands healed perfectly without surgery. There are no scars and he has full mobility. It was a miracle. Getting Min home soon will be another miracle. One that many of you are a part of and I am grateful for you. I hate to ask for anything more than I already am, but I am going to. Please pray for Min. Please pray for her heart. Please pray for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment