Sunday, July 17, 2011

3 Days

We leave in 3 days.  WE LEAVE IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!  I am amazed at the way this is all coming together and so quickly.  We are getting ready to leave, finalizing plans, cleaning house, getting Min's room put together, making sure we have things ready for our sons and packing.  You would think that we would be ready to go since we knew this day would come, but we are not quite there yet, although we are pretty close.

Yesterday some wonderful friends threw me a shower.  It was beautiful.  There were so many wonderful friends there who have been with us and supported us along this path and it was so nice to feel everyone's love and prayers for our family and for Min.  I cried in a slobbering sort of way and would love it if that is out of my system:)

What is amazing to me is how I can see God's hand on my life and on this adoption process.  I am so very aware of the many things that fell into place and the many people who were put into our adoption process who helped to move it along quickly.  This weekend I have really reflected on this journey and it has been an amazing one for me.  It has been, and still is, a walk of faith.  It has been, and still is, life changing in my view of the world and of my place in it.  It has been, and still is, a reminder to be thankful for the blessings in my life and for the relationships that I have.  It has been, and still is, a reminder that above all my family is central to so much of what I do.  It has been, and still is, a constant walk with God, a constant reminder that when I feel out of control, He knows and is there.  When I feel unsure or discouraged, He carries me.  And when I take a tiny step forward with a mustard seed of faith, He rewards it hugely. 

He knows His children.  He loves us all.  I don't know why there is so much inequality in the world.  I don't know why I am blessed with health and family and peace.  I can't fix it.  But I do know that we all change lives by the way we live our own.  We change communities by the service and care we show.  And we can change the world for the one who is hurting that we care for.  So while, I don't know how to fix the problems that I am aware of, I know that our small efforts are rewarded hugely.  I am thankful for everyone who has blessed and changed my life and I can't wait to meet Min(NEXT WEEK!!)  and see the changes in hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment