Sunday, July 3, 2011

Final Step

We are (should be) on the final step of this adoption.  We are waiting for our Travel Approval to be sent from China giving us permission to travel to adopt Min.  It is an important step...partly because IT IS THE LAST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!   So now we are back in a waiting mode with an undetermined wait time.  I have to say the last couple weeks have been so nice to know there was nothing I could do, or needed to.  There was no need to be wondering every day if that day was the day that we would have our Article 5.  We knew exactly what day it would be and it was so very nice.  Now we are back to the wondering if this day could be THE DAY.  Conveniently, I know it won't be this weekend so I can relax.  But we have plans that need to be made for travel.  We have our children who are not going with us to China, we have an energetic 9 month old lab who will NOT be going to China:)  We have responsibilities at church and work that need to be covered.  We have doctors appointments for Min that need to be scheduled 4-5 weeks in advance.  So we have tentatively set some of these things in place and are hoping that we are able to make those dates.  And we are praying hard for our Travel Approval to be expedited and come quickly and for us to be able to get a fast consulate appointment when we need it, and for us to find inexpensive flights:)

I guess it is kind of like life, you don't necessarily know what is going to happen or when.  I can't predict where our family will be in 5 years, I used to try.  I don't know what I will be doing in 5 years, I used to try.  I don't know what my children will be doing in 5 years, I used to try.  Now I am grateful for today.  I am grateful for my life.  I am grateful for my health.  I am grateful for my husband.  I am grateful for my children.  I am grateful for a home to live in and for heat that works and food to eat.  I am grateful for running water and electricity.  I am grateful for great friends and family.  I am grateful to live in a wonderful community.    I am grateful to know and feel love from God.  So, even though I don't know how everything is going to work out in detail, either with this adoption or in my life, I am grateful for the things I have experienced and the love I have felt, and I am hopeful for the future, but over all grateful for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment