Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter! 

It is early Easter morning and I have two children already up and sent back to bed:)  It is not raining(we live in a rain forest) and it's a beautiful time to reflect. 

I have been blessed with faith.  It is a part of who I am and how I try to live my life.  I am not a perfect person, nor do I have a perfect faith but there are beliefs that I have based my life on and I am so grateful for them.  My faith in Jesus Christ brings me peace in a world that is full of chaos.  My faith that prayers are heard and answered makes it possible for me to never feel alone, even when people, or myself, let me down.  My hope that Christ can make something wonderful out of me and of my small attempts to do good things lets me know that my life has a purpose to be far greater than what I could be on my own.  My faith that because of Christ's resurrection, death is not the end of my existence allows me to live life with an eternal perspective, not fearing for an eventual tomorrow.  Believing that Christ's atonement  is something I can count on lets me feel sorry and ask forgiveness for mistakes and try harder to do better, knowing that those past wrongs don't have to be held against me.  Faith gives my life purpose and hope.  Prayer gives me strength and a feeling that I can always be upheld even when things are not perfect in my life.  On Easter Sunday, I am so grateful for this hugely important aspect in my life and wish everyone a very Happy Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. While it is hard for us some days, his grace is always covering us, always sufficient. Happy Easter. He is risen.

    ReplyDelete